For children and families across borders
The Swiss Foundation of the International Social Service (ISS)
A network in 140 countries in order to provide transborder support to children and families as needed
The network builds on a global solidarity: each country which this network enters into has the right to the accomplishments of the others.
Main topics are:
International child abduction
Family conflicts in binational couples
During my term of office I have developed the activities of ISS Switzerland further:
1. Set-up of an office in the German-speaking part of Switzerland
2. Preventive services
- Support for the social and professional integration of adolescents in residential care in Southeastern countries (Bulgaria, Ukraine, Moldova)
- Address the South – South migration of children and the set-up of the West African Network which in the period 2007 – 2015 enabled the return of more than 6000 children in their families.
- My contribution was mainly the establishment of standards: supporting countries with the qualification of offers in extrafamilial upbringing through projects and advanced training offers
- Setting up a reintegration programme for rejected asylum seekers, etc. in order to give them the opportunity to plan their future and to develop their prospects in their homeland (since 2004 more than 350 small enterprises have been established)
- Development of general parameters like minor asylum seekers can be reasonably accompanied by the cantons
- Training Funds for Migrants